The advancement of technology is imminent, working at home is becoming an option, either you work as part-time or taking full-time jobs. Freelancing has been a trend all over the world, especially in third world countries like the Philippines. Now a Filipino freelancer can showcase more skills for a broader audience.
A freelancer or freelance worker is a term commonly used for a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term. Freelance workers are sometimes represented by a company or a temporary agency that resells freelance labor to clients; other works independently or use professional associations or websites to get work.
Why hire a Filipino Freelancer?
The Philippines is the third largest highest-earning country when it comes to freelancing according to Upwork. One of the top 10 countries that have a growth rate of over 25% all over the world from the Elance’s Online Global Report dated back 2014.
A Filipino freelancer is well-known and recognized around the globe, they could be found almost everywhere, and they are making their way to the top in the freelance community. The most popular work areas are data entries, administrative support, customer service, article writing, personal assistant, web research and graphics & designs.
Here are some of the traits which make a Filipino Freelancer stand out from the crowd.
- Resilient and Versatility – Even though the Philippines is always under the threat of natural disasters, they are persistent enough to stand up despite the difficulty and adapt to any environment and interact with various people all over the world.
- Hospitability and Better English Comprehension – a popular trait of Filipinos which is nobody can doubt. This is a great advantage when it comes to customer service or administrative support and another human resource profession.
- Resourceful and Creative – they possess myriad of ideas and creativity that may bring surprises despite the lack of resources.
- Dedicated and Passionate – Filipinos are also notable because of their hard work and commitment.
- Possess varying competitive skills – skills that are helpful in your business.
- Good reputation in the freelance community – they have a positive feedback from clients who have experienced hiring Filipino freelance workers. You can ask around or read reviews about them.
Where to hire Filipino Freelancer?
Online freelance marketplaces are websites that match buyers (clients) or sellers of services (freelancer) provided via the internet. Upwork (previously oDesk) is one of the many examples. It has over 1.5 million registered clients and offers a multitude of opportunity that accommodates both short-term and long-term projects.
Onlinejobs.ph is one of the best place and world’s largest marketplace to hire Filipino Freelancers.
Listed below are other popular online freelance marketplace.
Freelancing offers plenty of freedom and flexibility. Whether you are looking for admin staff to Graphics designs or to do a certain task for your company or personal use. A Filipino freelancer can provide quality work that is worth every time and money you spend.